Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Fight Inside

Watch the short video first!


Read: Key verse 

Joshua 24:15 

 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

Intro: In this devo I am wanting God's word just to speak for itself. So I put a lot of scripture in the further study below so I will speak about it shortly.

THINK: I wrote a song early on in 2010 called "The fight inside of me" when  was a part on the band unveiled. I wrote it at 3:30am I was so tired that night but I just could not go to sleep. And you know by that time in the morning I was getting pretty delirious, which seems to be my most creative moments. That night I can remember the Lord giving me a vision SO vivid I could see it play out in my minds eye. I have always been aware of this battle that has gone on inside of me from the moment I was delivered and gave my life to the Lord.
Here are the lyrics; Were never gonna give in / the fire keeps burning / I wake up every day the battle begins / a fight with the flesh that won't give in / Under my skin my old ways start creepin in / some days are better than others sometimes I don't feel like singing/ I might be going down but I am going down swinging / loosing my grip, starting to fade out as I drop to the ground right before I tap out / The old self is dyin there's no more compromising/ tired of watering down my faith / I give it all I got I might trip but I won't stop/ IT"S THE FIGHT INSIDE OF ME!!


MAIN POINT:  everyday every moment you are going to serve either God or yourself. It's a choice...















Further Study: (This is sooo important please read to get more of a view of what I am talking about in this Devo) I know it's a lot I am sorry I just want you to be knowledgeable.








Ephesians 2 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh (Our sinful nature) and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.














Galatians 5:16-25 

So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses. 19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
 22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
 
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 













Romans 6 



 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. 5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.



 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.












 11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.






























Romans 7:15-25 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

 
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!






















   So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[b] a slave to the law of sin.

























1 Corinthians 9:25-27

 who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body into submission and make it do what it ought. (I discipline myself to come under the authority on Christ and to obey his word.) so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.









2 comments:

  1. That video was awesome. In fact I really enjoyed this blog because it is exactly what I needed to hear right now. Thanks man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Thanks
    Who is this? if you don't mind me asking

    ReplyDelete